Saturday, July 21, 2012

Baa Baa Bighorn Sheep..

Have you any wool? Yeah, I've been trying to shed it for three days now! Just kidding. We spent this past week up at Glacier National Park; and I have to say, it is one of the prettiest parks I have ever seen. We did not have internet, so I couldn't post. But we saw bighorn sheep, marmots, elk, mule deer, snowshoe hares, different birds, and lots of mosquitos! It was a great trip, though, and well worth it. G touched a glacier. I mean, we study and see the effects of glaciers around us, but to see it actually happening is super-cool! I have pictures of a 3-hour hike I took on Wednesday that I will post another time. Too beautiful for words!

We are now in Montana near the border of South Dakota. We will be visting Mount Rushmore tomorrow and maybe stay a day or two. Then we will meander our way back to the east coast. I would like to visit Tennessee (Knoxville area) and Kentucky.  We have to give up our heavy jackets and long pants for shorts, since we are now in lower elevations where it is much warmer. Anyway, thanks for being patient since my last post.

Old Faithful in Yellowstone.



The most beautiful park yet that I've seen~


This guy was on the glacier (the one G touched) coming up to the road.


Bighorn Sheep at the visitors center at Logan Pass (they want to say hello).


Heading out of Yellowstone for future riches on our trip.


Ain't she a beauty?!

No comments: