Monday, October 29, 2018

Another Joy Ride....

We took another ride today on a "twisty, windy, mountain road" through Mt. Pisgah National Forest. Unfortunately, unlike the Blue Ridge Parkway, there are hardly any pull-outs with beautiful mountain views. The trees are in the way, ding-dangit! But, I did manage to grab some good shots along the way.


The leaves are finally showing their "true colors," as it were. Nice reds, too!

Sorry about the glare from the window. But this is a set of maples we pass on Highway 19 (the main drag) and they look so lovely, but they move so quickly, I just have to jump in their way and take their picture, lol!

In Pisgah there are some nice waterfalls. This one was taken from the side of the road. My driver was kind and stopped. 

Not sure what it's called, but I'd call it "Streaming Falls." And then there's this one. It's called "Looking Glass Falls." I guess that's where Alice went through with the White Rabbit??!

Couple more mountain views from the drive back, since I couldn't get them for you from the "twisty, windy, mountain road." Ya'll come back! 😉



No comments: